RAS offers coal-to-gas, and coal-to-biomass fuel switch studies. We have unmatched expertise and extensive experience on biomass cofiring and conversion projects. Our capabilities include:
- Burner modification or retrofit
- Evaluate impact of fuel properties on furnace combustion, (e.g., moisture content, particle size, volatile matter content, etc.)
- Control of slagging and corrosion formation
- Impact on furnace exit gas temperature and hence steam temperature and boiler efficiency
- Application of emission control technologies
CFD modeling of coal-to-wood conversion for a 500 MW wall-fired furnace. Modeling shows predicted NOx emissions between coal and biomass with various NOx reduction technologies.
CFD modeling of coal-to-wood conversion for a 500 MW wall-fired furnace. Modeling shows significant combustion differences between fuels and burner settings.